Saturday, February 16, 2013

Let the Cooking Begin!

Both Bead Soup mixes have arrived.


So now my Bead Soup Blog Party partner Jennifer Reno, and I have received our beads. Bead Soup is an online event hosted by Lori Anderson of Pretty Things. We are matched with a partner chosen by Lori, and exchange beads, focals and clasps for our partners to create with and make beautiful jewelry. 



Here is what I sent to Jenny: 

An old steel key that I altered with patina and glaze.






The Soup Mix (Not included; some bead strands I bought at the last minute!)
I saw that she has used jasper, so I kind of dropped some jasper on her!
Jasper Focal and some upcycled jasper beads.


























Here is the soup mix she sent me:

Pretty package.

She included a lovely card.

Can't tell the players without a score card!

Wonderful variety of colors and textures!



I love all the colors. I don't usually use such a wide palette in one piece, so I see at least another little suite of pieces. Sweet!

And if you have read the post below, our focus on life photo prompt for this week was flowers. How perfect!
WebRep
Overall rating
This site has no rating
(not enough votes)

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I'm getting going on the creating now!

      Delete
  2. I blogged finally :)
    http://jenrenjewelry.blogspot.com/2013/02/introducing-beti-my-bead-soup.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, sorry I didn't reply earlier. I'm getting going, and had a lot of fun with the focal.

      Delete
  3. I'm trying to visit as many of the blogs as I can in the blog party. I love the soup that you got as well as the one you've sent out! I can't wait to see what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bead soups look yummy. Can't waitto see the finished products.

    I'm a new beader and a first time souper. I'm learning a lot visiting everyone's blog. I'm a new follower of your blog. Please consider following mine.

    kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are having fun with this! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. What an amazing soup! Very inspiring. I'm hoping to visit everyone's blog during this great party! I hope you'll have a chance to stop by: www.billi-rs-rothove.blogspot.com
    Later, Billi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! stopped by your blog. You do some amazing polymer work! I am sure you will do something amazing withn your soup

      Delete